Xbox 360 game disks are fragile. The media are nothing more than DVD disks. They scratch easily, they break easily, and they are easily lost or stolen. All you need to do is drop a game disk onto a hard surface to damage it so badly that it becomes unplayable. The simple act of playing these games results in minor damage to the surface of the disks cause by the playing mechanism. Through repeated and frequent use, these minor damages can accumulate to damage a disk permanently. To reduce these risks, you have no choice but to backup your Xbox 360 games in order to be freed from the worry about replacing them if they are lost or damaged.
You're probably aware, if you've tried copying Xbox games using your traditional copying software, that Xbox games cannot be copied without special software due to the manufacturer's integrated copy protection scheme. Several software developers recognized the problem for gamers and developed special software that can bypass this copy protection and allow reliable copying of Xbox 360 games.
There are choáng club a few things that you'll need in order to backup your Xbox 360 games
* A game copying software application that is specially designed to bypass Xbox games' copy protection scheme.
* A computer with a working DVD burner.
* Some high-quality DVD blank disks. Don't use cheap disks of unknown quality. Your games are expensive enough to warrant the best media.
Once you have gathered all of the necessary equipment and supplies, you can begin copying your valuable games. The process is fairly straightforward, and is basically the same regardless of what game copying software you decide to use.
1. Install the game copying software into your computer, and start it up.
2. Insert the original Xbox 360 game to be copied, and follow the onscreen instructions.
3. When indicated, remove the Xbox game and insert a DVD blank disk, and follow the onscreen instructions.
4. When indicated, remove the now finished backup of your Xbox game.
You can now store away your original game for safekeeping, and keep the backup copy available for daily use. Now that you have learned how to backup your Xbox 360 games, you can backup all of your valuable games. By reducing the risk of damage to your original Xbox 360 games, you can avoid spending your hard earned money on replacing damaged or lost games.